[Samba] Ldapsearch against Samba 4

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Apr 19 08:30:33 UTC 2016

On 19/04/16 01:29, John Gardeniers wrote:
> I'm setting up a test domain in order to try out Sudoers LDAP and have
> run into a problem that has my puzzled. On our production domain I can
> run a query such as:
>
> ldapsearch  -LLL -p389 -h DC -u me at ourdomain.com.au -W -X -LLL -b
> "dc=ourdomain,dc=com,dc=au" -s sub

Try using ldbsearch instead:

ldbsearch -H ldap://dc1 -Ume -b "dc=ourdomain,dc=com,dc=au" -s sub

Or with kerberos (run kinit & klist to get correct ticket cache)

ldbsearch -H ldap://DC -Ume -k yes
--krb5-ccache=/tmp/krb5cc_10000_VzsXW8 -b "dc=ourdomain,dc=com,dc=au" -s sub

> However, running an equivalent search on a freshly installed test
> domain, using the exact same version of Samba and the same smb.conf
> (with appropriate domain adjustments), I get the following error:
>
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Strong(er) authentication required (8)
>     additional info: SASL:[NTLM]: Sign or Seal are required.
>
> I believe this is the problem behind sssd not working on the test
> domain client, which I need to get working before I can proceed.

You do know that you don't need to use sssd to get sudo working with AD,
don't you ?

Rowland