[Samba] new domain in existing forest

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Tue Apr 19 07:34:23 UTC 2016

Hi Valery,

> I have working Samba4 AD domain controller (4.1.22).

you should upgrade to 4.2 or higher samba4 serie due to the recently
announced badlock bug, since the 4.1 serie is not supported anymore and
didn't get the patching.

> Windows server 2008 R2 have dcpromo option "Existing forest / Create a
> new domain in existing forest".
> It is possible to do it?

Samba4 AD currently has only a partial support for inter-forest trust,
so a fortiori it does not support intra-forest trust. So no, you cannot
yet "create a new domain in an existing forest" with Samba4 AD.

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon