[Samba] Permission denied on GPT.ini (Event ID 1058)

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon Apr 18 15:10:23 UTC 2016

Hi Sébastien,

This link once helped me, when some drive mappings didn't work for a
particular user:

I removed the xml file under:
\users\All Users\Microsoft\Group Policy\History\<GUID>\Preferences
(find the appropriate GUID in the event viewer)

Reboot, and our drive mappings were back.

Another thing that we needed to do in the past, to get some policies to
apply, was to assign a uid/gid to workstation accounts.

I don't think these 'solutions'apply to your case, but then again... who
knows...

MJ