[Samba] Domain member seems to work, wbinfo -u not (update3)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Sun Apr 17 13:51:10 UTC 2016

Ok some new info.

Yesterday file server worked, print server not.
Today, both dont work.

Same test today, proxy1 and proxy2.
Proxy1 didnt work, proxy2 did ( at that time 4.3.6)

I upgraded (to 4.3.8) proxy2, tested again, still working.
Ok, now this proxy 2 is an vm ( a copy of proxy1 ), so lets try something..

I remove proxy2 from the ad domain (proxy1 is our main proxy) so this one is to test with.
Cleared up /var/(lib/cache)/samba folders
Re-added the server to the domain, started samba and winbind, and..
Same problem here now.

Im thinking its something related to the kerberos keytab file.
I checked also the (yesterday) working file server, and i did see that
Only the keytab file was refreshed.
Since there where no changed on that server, why did it work yesterday and not today.. so keytab related is my guess.
And i noticed some mount where not automounting on bootup and these use kerberos also.
Re-creating the keytab file didnt help.

Tomorrow more testing..

Greetz,

Louis