[Samba] Domain member seems to work, wbinfo -u not

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Apr 15 12:43:36 UTC 2016

Ok, i have tested a bit more also.

Now i have this problem also on some other servers with D. Jessie.

The sernet 4.2.11 debian wheezy works fine as far i can see now.

All my member servers have these settings ( see below),.
Versies used are
4.1.17 (all ok) ( debian jessie packages )
4.2.20 (fail wbinfo -u) ( debian jessie packages )
4.2.11 (all ok) ( debian wheezy sernet packages )
4.3.6	 (all ok) ( debian sid recompiled to jessie package )
4.3.7	 (fail wbinfo -u) ( debian sid recompiled to jessie package )

2 servers, now both on 4.2.10
On both work :
id username
getent username
wbinfo -g

And both not wbinfo -u
disable-ing tls didnt help.

Setting : ldap server require strong auth = no, yes or allow_sasl_over_tls didnt help.

Rebooted the server also.

DC's setup.
Backend AD.
All users have UID and needed groups also.

Config member server.
[global]
    workgroup = NTDOM
    security = ADS
    realm = INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD

    netbios name = memberserver10
    domain master = no
    host msdfs = no

    kerberos method = secrets and keytab
    client signing = if_required

    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
    idmap config NTDOM:backend = ad
    idmap config NTDOM:schema_mode = rfc2307
    idmap config NTDOM:range = 10000-3999999

    winbind nss info = rfc2307
    winbind trusted domains only = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    winbind refresh tickets = yes
    winbind offline logon = yes
    winbind expand groups = 4

    wins server = 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2

    username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping

    usershare path =

    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = Yes
    store dos attributes = Yes

    unix extensions = no
    wide links = no
    reset on zero vc = yes
    veto files = /.bash_logout/.bash_profile/.bash_history/.bashrc/
    hide unreadable = yes

    load printers = Yes
    printing = cups
    printcap name = cups