[Samba] Domain member seems to work, wbinfo -u not

Oktay Akbal oktay.akbal at abwesend.de
Fri Apr 15 11:05:20 UTC 2016

> > I don't see where exactly the ways differ. I already played with idmap settings and keytab. It makes no difference.
> > BTW the wiki entry does not explain how to create the keytab, so the setting is not really useful if you just follow that page.
>
> With the 'old system' you just have one range, this is now depreciated
> and you should use the new 'idmap config' . The old system could be removed.
>
> The wiki entry does explain how to create the keytab:
>
> net ads join -U administrator
>
> The keytab will created for you during the join.
>
> Does 'Sure' mean you are running winbindd ?
> Are you also using 'sssd' ?

Already tried the idmap config and it does not make a difference. Will keep it.

Indeed the join creates that file. Since I already was in domain I had to create it.
Rejoined domain, keytab gets created. Still no difference. Everything works. wbinfo -u not.
Yes I use winbind and no to sssd.

I see other comments on how the latest updates broke domain authentication to some users (debian-list, centos7 forum etc.). I fear that there is a deeper problem with that patch.