[Samba] file rights tls key files.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Apr 15 09:12:04 UTC 2016

Yes, i can understand what your saying.

But i have a "server" certificate, which i use for multple services.
And since some of these services "run as" other user/group i have a special group for that. So logical i set 0440 on my key file and 444 on my cert files.
And why does the key file ( any certficicate file  ) a 6, 4 is sufficient.

Its just not logical make copies of the certificates thats not why i have a "server" certificate...

Im just not happy with samba "enforcing" my security settings..
So anyway to overrule this?

Greetz,

Louis