[Samba] can't access the DNS via RSAT, access denied

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Thu Apr 14 22:00:03 UTC 2016

> I tried with 4.4.0 and if I can access the DNS via RSAT
>

> I tried the version 4.4.2 and will not let me access the DNS via RSAT, I
> changed several permissions in several ways and does not allow me access

Did you open the necessary ports on the DC's firewall?

For DNS, you need to open Port 53 TCP/UDP

Please note that for other services some other ports also need to be
open. Look here, there's a nice table at the middle of the page:

Samba AD DC port usage
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_port_usage