[Samba] Previously extended schema not working in 4.4.0

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:07:14 UTC 2016

On 14 April 2016 at 13:37, Jonathan Hunter <jmhunter1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> # samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs
> Checking 4079 objects
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x00290001
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x0029000a
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x00290004
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x0009030e
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x00090001
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x00020119
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x00020002
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x00020001
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk: 0x00000000

ERROR: incorrect attributeID values in replPropertyMetaData on
> MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk
>
> Not fixing incorrect value 0x00290004 with 0xbd27f4d3 for myAttr in
> replPropertyMetaData on MYOBJ=value,OU=myou,DC=mydomain,DC=org,DC=uk

Going back over the results of 'samba-tool dbcheck', it struck me just now
that the errors flagged up only appear on objects previously created using
my extended schema - these are exactly the same type of errors I am now
getting when trying to create more of these objects.

So I think that 'samba-tool dbcheck' is displaying the symptom, and in fact
running 'samba-tool dbcheck' probably won't help my situation.

What could cause the errors shown via 'samba-tool dbcheck'?

Thanks :)

Jonathan