[Samba] samba 3 domain and win10 logon scripts

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 09:33:45 UTC 2016

On 13/04/16 21:32, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 13.04.2016 um 13:20 schrieb lejeczek:
>> I have a win10 which is (from what I see) a good member of samba domain
>> except for one thing - it does not seem to a few simply things from a
>> logon.bat, or does not do anything with it.
>> would you share your thoughts?
> We can't, if you don't share
> - the logon script
> - your Samba version
> - your smb.conf
> - details what exactly went wrong
just the logon.bat does not seem win10 runs it, suffice to
point to \\server while a user is logged on to win10 and all
seems normal, credential pass through and servers shares are
visible, even the logon.bat runs fine when manually executed.
> with us.
3.6.23-24.el6_7
script and config I'd imagine should be fine - as they've
been fine for all the domain, win7 (+ XPs in earlier days),
it's just this newly introduced win10 which does not seem to
even run/execute that logon.bat script.
I'm guessing I'm missing some specifics needed for win10 -
what are those I wonder.

many thanks