[Samba] samba-3.6.23-30.el6_7.x86_64 - The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 13 17:10:15 UTC 2016

On 13/04/16 17:55, Bill Baird wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running Samba 3.6 in PDC mode (i know, i know...AD upgrade is in the
> works).
>
> The most recent update for CentOS 6 (samba-3.6.23-30.el6_7.x86_64) appears
> to have caused issues and I was forced to downgrade back
> to samba-3.6.23-25.el6_7.x86_64.
>
> When 3.6.23-30 is installed, users running Windows 7 x64 receive the
> following error when trying access shares:
>
> "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
> failed".
>
> As soon as I downgrade back to the earlier version, things work as expected.
>
> I found this post, so it does not appear I am alone:
>
> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2016-April/158671.html
>
> Curious if anyone else is seeing this, if this is a known bug, or if there
> is a fix?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Bill

No, this is a fix for a bug, a number of Samba upgrades were released
yesterday to stop man in the middle attacks.

You need to decide whether you want security or ease of use, knowing
that your network could be at risk if you go for 'ease of use'.

I would suggest you read the release notes here:
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.4.2.html

I know they are for 4.4.2, but RHEL will have based your update on that.

Rowland