[Samba] samba-3.6.23-30.el6_7.x86_64 - The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

Bill Baird bill.baird at phoenixmi.com
Wed Apr 13 16:55:41 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am running Samba 3.6 in PDC mode (i know, i know...AD upgrade is in the
works).

The most recent update for CentOS 6 (samba-3.6.23-30.el6_7.x86_64) appears
to have caused issues and I was forced to downgrade back
to samba-3.6.23-25.el6_7.x86_64.

When 3.6.23-30 is installed, users running Windows 7 x64 receive the
following error when trying access shares:

"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
failed".

As soon as I downgrade back to the earlier version, things work as expected.

I found this post, so it does not appear I am alone:

https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2016-April/158671.html

Curious if anyone else is seeing this, if this is a known bug, or if there
is a fix?

Thanks!

--Bill