[Samba] samba dns

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:49:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Sketch <smblist at rednsx.org> wrote:
> My understanding of Unbound is that designed as a caching nameserver, not an
> authoratative nameserver.  It's supposed to serve DNS to clients from
> another server, such as BIND or Samba's internal DNS server.  Pointing it to
> your domain's authoratative Samba/BIND9_DLZ DNS servers seems like the
> proper way to set it up to me.

Have been using Unbound in this way for well over a year with an MS AD.
The point was the possibility, at another location, to continue to use
NSD, an authoritative server, which currently contains all the needed
DNS records except the new ones necessary to host an AD, in the same
manner BIND was used in some of given links to replace the MS DNS in
the MS AD environment.