[Samba] [Half OT?] Waiting for completion of Startupscript before logon

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Apr 12 16:19:22 UTC 2016

On 12/04/16 16:57, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org> schrieb:
>
>> Can you be a bit more specific, it sounds like you mean users can logon
>> somewhere even though Samba isn't running, or do you mean that windows
>> users are not running a logon script when they log in.
> No, of course Samba runs...
> I mean, Windows boots and starts a Startup-Script (or will shutdown and call
> a Shutdown-Script).
> These Scripts will be executed, but in the case of the Startup-Script the
> user can Logon even if the Startup-Script didn't complete.
> The script works in background and will not be displayed.
>
> Any idea, how can I force the execution in foreground and DON'T allow the
> user to log on until the Startup-Script completes?
>
> Thanks
> Luca Bertoncello
> (lucabert at lucabert.de)

That is a new one, most peoples problem is getting them to run :-D

Any way, not sure, but you could try this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/a4834aba-1157-4528-a535-a6afd90ec843/how-to-delay-logon-ctrlaltdel-screen-until-startup-script-via-gpo-completes?forum=winserverGP

Rowland