[Samba] [Half OT?] Waiting for completion of Startupscript before logon

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Apr 12 15:57:53 UTC 2016

Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org> schrieb:

> Can you be a bit more specific, it sounds like you mean users can logon
> somewhere even though Samba isn't running, or do you mean that windows
> users are not running a logon script when they log in.

No, of course Samba runs...
I mean, Windows boots and starts a Startup-Script (or will shutdown and call
a Shutdown-Script).
These Scripts will be executed, but in the case of the Startup-Script the
user can Logon even if the Startup-Script didn't complete.
The script works in background and will not be displayed.

Any idea, how can I force the execution in foreground and DON'T allow the
user to log on until the Startup-Script completes?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)