[Samba] wbinfo --dc-info finding only one of my dc's

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Apr 12 13:34:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

Playing around with winbind, i noticed the follewing option:

  wbinfo --dc-info=DOMAIN

According the the manual:

  --dc-info=domainname Find the currently known DCs

When I run it on a domain member server, it reports only one DC, instead
of the three I would expect.

I guess this means winbind doesn't know about the existance of two of
our three DCs...?

Does it return all DCs for others here..? Could someone try for me?

I think all my three DCs have registered the SRV records:

> root at memberserver:/etc# host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.company.com
> _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.company.com has SRV record 0 100 389 dc2.samba.company.com.
> _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.company.com has SRV record 0 100 389 dc3.samba.company.com.
> _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.company.com has SRV record 0 100 389 dc4.samba.company.com.

MJ