[Samba] winbind pam trouble

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 12 09:04:25 UTC 2016

Ok,

Rowland i just checked the wheezy packages, these are ok.
My DC's are still running wheezy all other are Jessie now.

Check What is installed?
dpkg -l | egrep "krb5-user|libnss|libpam|winbind|samba|sernet " > sambapackages.txt

Backup /etc/samba
Backup /var/lib/samba

apt-get remove sernet-*

dpkg -l | grep sernet
remove the last things

Install samba again and let the installer fix the dependecies.

Check for needed packages again.
dpkg -l | egrep "krb5-user|libnss|libpam|winbind|samba|sernet"
missing something install manualy.

Reboot.

If you problem existe because of faulty pakcages that should be fixed with above.
( you can use the reinstall options, but i prefferer to remove )

Greetz,

Louis