[Samba] SerNet - Samba 4.3 and ssh password logins

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 11 12:58:32 UTC 2016

Hai,

I have
AllowGroups sshlinux, sshwindows

Add at least 1 user in the linux group and at least 1 in the sshwindows group.

Make sure the sshwindows group have a GID.
And make sure the windows user loggin in in ssh als have a UID.

AND for both, UID 1000+  ( which is in debian the default PAM setting ) .

This is base on a "MEMBER" server.

If you do :
getent windowsuser
You get uid gid homedir and shell ? and these are ok to login?

If yes, is the home dir local on the server or shared ?

If shares and IF kerberos base nfsv4 then you need some more.

But first above, else im lots in al mails..

Greetz,

Louis