[Samba] how to manually specify domain controllers

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 00:56:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

I see you have had no replies as of yet.. Can you clarify the scenario - is
freeradius installed on both of your samba servers, and configured to
authenticate against the local samba server for active directory
integration? Or is the scenario something different?

I use freeradius here; each of my DCs has freeradius installed and
configured to use the local samba server. But it's down to my radius
clients to pick the correct DC / radius server to authenticate against, if
I want to spread the load..

On 8 April 2016 at 21:19, Dennis Xu <dxu at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> We have two Samba 4.2.3 servers with FreeRadius to authenticate wireless
> users against active directory. Using DNS, sometimes both servers end up
> using the same domain controller to authenticate users. I would like to
> distribute the load to different DCs. Is there a way to manually point
> Samba to certain DCs?
>
> I tried the following configuration:
> security = ads
> password server = dc05.cfs.uoguelph.ca
> realm = cfs.uoguelph.ca
>
> But after restarted the smb, nmb and winbind servers, the server is still
> using the old DC for authentication(not switching to dc05.cfs.uoguelph.ca).
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Dennis Xu
> --

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"
      - Albert Einstein