[Samba] samba server on windows 2012 ad stopped

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Apr 10 07:47:43 UTC 2016

On 10/04/16 00:31, Ian Miller wrote:
> Hi All,
> Just wanted to know if their was any known issues with samba 3.0 and the latest windows 2012 patches that just came out.  all of my samba server are not able to share out anything.  I can rejoin them without error.  Thoughts ?
>

> Ian Miller
> Research Systems Administrator

Well, if you are using 3.0.x (which went EOL nearly 7 years ago), I
would upgrade. There is a security patch coming out on Tuesday and as
far as I can see, it will not be backported to 3.0.x. Even if the patch
wasn't coming out, I would still upgrade, who knows what other security
problems, that have been addressed in later versions, are in your old
version of Samba.

Rowland