[Samba] kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Apr 9 10:40:50 UTC 2016

On 09/04/16 11:30, Lists wrote:
> Ok I am sorry was a test I send you again the smb.conf
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> 	netbios name = SOLFS
>          security = ADS
>          workgroup = SOLAE
>          realm = SOLAE.LOCAL
>
>          log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>          log level = 1
>
>          dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>          kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>          winbind refresh tickets = yes
>
>          winbind trusted domains only = no
>          winbind use default domain = yes
>          winbind enum users  = yes
>          winbind enum groups = yes
>
>          # Important: The ranges of the default (*) idmap config
>          # and the domain(s) must not overlap!
>
>          # Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local accounts/groups
>          idmap config *:backend = tdb
>          idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
>
>          # idmap config for domain SOLAE
>          idmap config SOLAE:backend = rid
>          idmap config SOLAE:range = 10000-99999
>
>          # Use template settings for login shell and home directory
>          winbind nss info = template
>          template shell = /sbin/bash
>          template homedir = /home/%U
> #[profiles]
> #      path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
> #      read only = no
>
> #[Public]
> #      path = /home/Public
> #      read only = no
>
> #[Application]
> #	path = /home/Application
> #	read only = no

Set /etc/resolv.conf on the machine you are trying to join to:

search solae.local
nameserver 10.0.0.22

Set /etc/hosts to:

10.0.0.25    solfs    solfs.solae.local
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6

Now try a few tests:

ping -c1 10.0.0.25

ping -c1 10.0.0.22

ping -c1 solad

ping -c1 solad.solae.local

If all these tests pass, try the join again

Rowland