[Samba] Samba as AD-Controller: unable to update policies and call start scripts

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Apr 8 07:25:04 UTC 2016

This is correct

>>that gpupdate tries to copy somethings from \\cch.intra\sysvol and not from \\dc1\sysvol...

>>There a no server with name cch.intra, this is just the Realm...

No not REALM, but DNSdomain but with the same name as the REALM.

You “should” be able to “ping cch.intra” or browse to \\cch.intra

if not, then your missing dns records.

If you have only windows users accessing sysvol

Change your sysvol to

> [sysvol]

>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol

>          read only = No

>          acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

Which helps, because you can set better windows ACLs.

But most important, it helps if you post your smb.conf here.

And before deleting your domain, if you do the same, you end up with the same problem.

The “old PC” i guess windows 7?

The New PC, i guess windows 10?

Static ip of DHCP ip?

So more info wil help. Smb.conf also maybe?

Greetz,

Louis