[Samba] Samba as AD-Controller: unable to update policies and call start scripts

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Fri Apr 8 07:05:36 UTC 2016

Zitat von Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org>:

>> Maybe is it possible that my tries with Samba as AD (this is my first
>> installation of Samba 4 as AD controller) damages the AD-data?
>
> Well if it works for one PC and not another, it is probably a
> problem with the second PC.

Now I cannot update GPO on the first PC, too...

The very strange thing is, that gpupdate tries to copy somethings from
\\cch.intra\sysvol and not from \\dc1\sysvol...
There a no server with name cch.intra, this is just the Realm...

Another strange thing is, hat I see a server with name CCH-SRV, that I
don't have in my network...

>> How can I drop all and restart without reinstalling the Server?
>
> You could try restarting Samba on the DC as a first step. If that
> doesn't work, you will need to backup the required files, Samba comes

Already done, didn't help...

> with a script to do this 'samba-backup' though you may have to alter
> the paths in it.

I don't have this script...

> You could then re-install Samba and re-install your backup.

Well, there a not yet many users in the domain, so that I have no
problem to complete delete the domain and recreate all...
How can I do that?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)