[Samba] samba dns

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:58:36 UTC 2016

Would prefer to continue to use my NSD/Unbound installs for most DNS
(if not all) services. NSD is the authoritative server for the domain,
and Unbound is the cache/resolver that the clients connect to. I'd
like to not disturb this setup but I'll need the SRV records so that
AD works. If the SRV records are fixed I suppose I could host them
using NSD, then Samba wouldn't have to be authoritative for any
records - just forward to the Unbound cache. I don't need hosts
registering themselves in DNS, the only hosts that need to be in DNS
are those doing server duties and already have A records (the DHCP
server relies on them for lease reservations).