[Samba] GPO

Eben Victor eben.victor at vcontractor.co.za
Wed Apr 6 10:34:11 UTC 2016

Hi All,
I create a Samba domain and works it's great, the issue that I have is with the GPO's.When applying GPO's then only the computer Policy is applied and not the user GPO. I keep on receiving below error.
Has anybody else perhaps been experiencing the same issues?

C:\>gpupdate /force
Updating Policy...

User policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the same forest as the computer account.
Computer Policy update has completed successfully.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html from the command line to access information about Group Policy results.4

Kind Regards
“This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by Clicking on this link https://webmail.vodacom.co.za/tc/default.html "