[Samba] some questions to samba and W7 and W10

Achim Klausmann Achim.Klausmann at T-Online.de
Wed Apr 6 04:56:16 UTC 2016

Hello Rowland

thanks for your answer.

Am 03.04.2016 um 23:07 schrieb Rowland penny:
> Probably the same reason that has been popping up recently, win10 will
> not connect to a NT style domain (yes I know you aren't running a
> domain) unless you set 'max protocol = NT1' in smb.conf and restart Samba.
I will try that.

Although the 'max protocol =' is not mentioned in the man pages,
it will work on older versions i have in use.

Best regards
A. Klausmann