[Samba] SerNet - Samba 4.3 and ssh password logins

Heinz Allerberger allerberger at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Apr 5 17:30:50 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a SerNet-Samba 4.3.6-10 AD which works fine.

Now I try to implement a fileserver. It is a server with a lot of
(old)-users, which have an Unix-Account. On this server are also users
who should can login from the Internet over ssh.

But now I'm running in trouble with the security of my fileserver.
When I would install samba 4.3.6 on it and activate sernet-samba-client
with winbind. Every user can login over ssh with his
Windows-AD-password. This seems dangerous for me.

I could live with this, but then it should be possible, that I can deny
the ssh-login for some users who should not have the possibility to
login from the Internet. But this users should be able to login into the
domain with a windows-machine on the AD.

How can I do that?

Please don't be worry about my English. I'm German and it is not my mean
language.

Regards,
Heinz