[Samba] chgrp "Domain Admins" on folder return invalid group "Domain Admins"

Jules Houantonon juleshoueto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:32:46 UTC 2016

Thank you Rowland for your mail.

My aim is to create a fileserver with samba4 and with acl supported. Users
most logon through their windows that are in domain to access their shares.

Samba how to and your explanations open my eyes on the interaction between
samba users and group with the Linux OS.

>From ADUC, I assign an Unix Attribute to a user accout, and automatically
it is given 10000 as its UID, getent command still not display it.

So in my plan, users should only exist in active directory. Does that mean
that getent can still display user or group information that will only
exist in AD ?

Sorry if i am missing something.

Thank you