[Samba] chgrp "Domain Admins" on folder return invalid group "Domain Admins"

Jules Houantonon juleshoueto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:46:23 UTC 2016

Dear all,

thank you for your previous mails. It realy help me.

Denis, Following your mail and thanks to  the link  i configure my
/etc/nsswitch.conf file  by adding windbind to user and group line and
execute winbindd command.

As i install samba4 from sernet package, init script are created for
starting AD, smbd, nmbd and winbindd. But i read that smbd, nmd and
winbindd should be disable to start samba4 in AD mode. There were even a
Warning that were generated if windbindd service were kept started. So I do
not touch them, as they are disabled.

But after making nsswitch.conf changes, I am able to execute chgrp "domain
admins" /home/demo succesfully and ls -l /home display the permission with
the suitable group.

wbinfo -u also return the users created from AD as wbinfo -g also display
AD domaine groups.

I supposethat things are OK now.

But when i try the getent passwd
I do not have domain user display. Only local users account appear.

I wonder if it is normal.

Thank you for helping again and for your time.

Regards

chgrp