[Samba] DNS issues after FSMO seize

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:17:21 UTC 2016

For me:
- SOA means where updates can be sent.
- SOA can be one or several.
- NS is a record to help non-authoritative name servers to find a valid
name server for the zone they receive a request and they don't know
anything about that zone.
- SOA is often declared as NS, I agree. I explained this is not mandatory.

There is no link between these two notions except they share a zone.

You are two to tell that's absurd. What I want is to understand things,
things includes DNS protocol and its usage into an AD. So if you have
anything to _*explain*_ me why these concepts are really linked, please
tell me. Develop your argumentation because I'm really thick.

Then we could go back to define the role of SOA and NS.
For me, again:
- SOA where to write
- NS where to ask

Again, if you do not agree with that, explain, develop, be clear, I'm still
thick.

And please don't come back to tell me NS stands for name server and SOA
stands for Start of authority. If I wouldn't be able to find these
information I would have nothing to do in IT world, not designing an AD for
a large company at least.

And please accept my apologizes about the tone, I really hate people who do
not explain. We are here to understand, to grow up together. Telling
someone "you're wrong" and stop there is a non-sense, that won't help the
guy to understand his error, where not what he misunderstood.