[Samba] samba 4.4rcx WINS nsswitch module

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 5 01:22:54 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-04-04 at 16:49 +0100, Rowland penny wrote:

> Hmm, that would need me to get libnss3 from SID, from my experience,
> this is likely to need other things updating, so, no I wouldn't like
> try again :-D
>
> Having said that, Devuan Jessies version is 3.17.2-1.1+deb8u2 and
> from
> what a quick google, Centos 7 uses 3.19.1
>
> I don't think it is an nss problem anyway, I normally use Devuan and
> ping doesn't segfault on that, I only got it to segfault on centos 7
> and
> as I never normally use this distro and couldn't easily find a way to
> debug the issue, I gave up, perhaps somebody, who normally only uses
> Centos, would care to give it a whirl ?

What we need someone to do is bisect between the 'good' and 'bad'
versions:

git clone git://git.samba.org/samba.git

reproduce the bug

git bisect bad

git checkout samba-4.3.0rc1
git clean -x -f -d

reproduce that the bug doesn't exist
git bisect good

Then repeat building, installing, testing, until we find out what
change broke it.  See script/bisect-test.py for an automation of this.

Andrew Bartlett