[Samba] chgrp "Domain Admins" on folder return invalid group "Domain Admins"

Jules Houantonon juleshoueto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:52:28 UTC 2016

Dear Samba users and admins,

I am trying to deploy Samba4 as a domain controller and a file server and
having some issues.*

The domain have been well provisioned with option --use-rfc2307

I am then trying to create share by following this samba wiki
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs

The problem is that i cannot succeed to change the group owner of the
folder I want to share as recommended  with the following command

chgrp "Domain Admins" /home/demo

When I try the chgrp command I receive and error  : invalid group "Domain
Admins'.

I then read the article that explain the subject about setting up rfc2307
in AD
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_RFC2307_in_AD#NIS_Extensions_installed_inside_the_directory

and can confirm that  the "ypServ30" container exists.

I wonder what is happening and if anyone could help me.
Thank you for reading and helping
Regards

Jules HOUANTONON
*Phone* : (00229) 97578914