[Samba] setup-sysvol-bidirectional.sh unable to id administrator

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 4 14:00:02 UTC 2016

I dont have any problems with users to allow login onto an authentication server.
I just dont allow UID 0 ! ever to login anywhere.
... and on a DC administrator = UID 0

See:
id administrator
uid=0(root) .. and lots more groups here..

> I don't think we should inherit limitations from
> Windows just bceause they have them.  Also note that limitations in
> winbind are what prevents a fileserver from running on a DC, and that _is_
> possible on Windows.

You can run Samba as DC as File server also, its just not recommended.
So no limitations here.

Greetz,

Louis