[Samba] setup-sysvol-bidirectional.sh unable to id administrator

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Mon Apr 4 13:53:17 UTC 2016

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016, mathias dufresne wrote:

> I expect Winbind on DC do NOT retrieve home dir, by design.
>
> DC are not meant to be used by AD users, no session from standard users on
> DC, never.

While I agree that it is best practice not to allow user logins onto an
authentication server, I'd still consider this a bug/missing feature.
Linux is not Windows.  I don't think we should inherit limitations from
Windows just bceause they have them.  Also note that limitations in
winbind are what prevents a fileserver from running on a DC, and that _is_
possible on Windows.