[Samba] setup-sysvol-bidirectional.sh unable to id administrator

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:07:07 UTC 2016

I expect Winbind on DC do NOT retrieve home dir, by design.

DC are not meant to be used by AD users, no session from standard users on
DC, never.
DC are meant to discuss with Windows clients and with tools as SSSD,
Winbind or nslcd which use AD as a users database. This tools are
configurable enough to use the database to make what we want on member
servers.

Winbind generates users from AD using "primaryGroupID" for GID and
something else for UID (I still don't know exactly how is chosen that UID)
because of ACL on SysVol. SysVol is accessed by Windows clients and that's
the only moment there is an interaction between user-from-AD and
system-hosting-Samba-AD. To match Windows user information during ACL check
on SysVol Winbind uses Windows information from AD to generate users.

I hope I was clear but that's not sure at all :D

Anyway, I tried ;)

Cheers,

mathias