[Samba] NFSv4 / Krb / wildcard in keytab

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:15:57 UTC 2016

First a rectification: Kerberos uses passwords to authenticate objects.
Keytabs are passwords, so using a keytab to authenticate is not removing
the password from authentication process, it's hiding the password into a
crypted file.
Then once this object is authenticated, it gets a Kerberos ticket which
will be used to avoid giving again password (or keytab).

Now to avoid password joining members you could do that on client machine
to join to your domain:
- kinit some user able to join machine to the domain. Using a keytab here
will replace the password. Your user will get a ticket.
- net ads join ad.domain.tld -k