[Samba] Problem using MMC: To manage Group Policy, you must log on to the computer with a domain user account

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:28:54 UTC 2016

"You must log on to the computer with a domain user account" means nothing
else than you must log on with a domain account : )

More serioulsy: there are two kind of accounts with AD:
- local accounts (accounts declared locally inside Windows client, ie users
existing before you joined the machine to the domain)
- domain accounts (accounts from AD domain)

As says the message, use a domain account.