[Samba] Joining an 2008R2 a Samba AD Takes forever.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:19:12 UTC 2015

On 30/09/15 16:31, Cesar DiMartino wrote:
> Lee.  That patch is already in the 4.2.3 Samba from ports. I was hopping
> that it would be the case.
> Update: samba log complains about missing rndc.conf and rndc.key. Those
> should pop with bind as Dns Backend but I'm using Samba Internal!

rndc is used by bind, so even if you were using bind it shouldn't log to
the samba logs.
Can you post a sample of this and the actual name of the logfile it
appears in.
I would also like to point out that whilst I do use bind, the rndc.key
does not appear anywhere in the conf files, so it looks like I am not
actually using it.

Rowland