[Samba] Wiki news: Build Samba, Join DCs
steve_a at cinergymetro.net
Tue Sep 29 17:09:58 UTC 2015
On 09/27/2015 05:48 AM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> during the last week I finished two documentation:
> * https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_source
> This page wasn't more than just a "configure/make/make install"
> before. I hope it's now a good guide with some background
> Major rewrite with more information, etc.
> Thanks to Rowland for proofreading.
> + some minor edits here and there. :-)
Thanks so much for these documentations, as they've helped me
troubleshoot my Samba AD DC
I have some questions regarding,
(1) I'm using Samba AD DC only, not Microsoft Active Directory
(2) I'm configuring a second DC
(3) Kerberos was not working properly on my first DC but now is
(4) And, DNS/Kerberos is working properly on my second DC
(5) As I understand it, the Samba AD DC packages are to be installed
BEFORE the join
(6) However, I am unclear whether I am to provision my second DC before
(7) Or, does the join finish the provision for me?
Note to Rowland -- Because Kerberos was not working properly on my
first/original DC, could that be the problem with OpenChange shutting
down my Samba AD DC? You're aware of my struggle in that regard.
thx so much
More information about the samba