[Samba] Replication Failing - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:49:27 UTC 2015

On 29/09/15 15:30, David Minard wrote:

> I'm working on a brand new set of Samba DCs, as our University changed it's domain name, so we thought we'd start from scratch.  Working on 4.2.3 at the moment.
>
> I finally got the new DC to join, but I had to wait until things got quiet (midnight-ish).

Getting confused now, you originally posted this:

I'm trying to commission another DC (number 5) in our production set up,
as we've opened up a new site.  All DCs are samba-4.0.25 self compiled.

Yet now you say you are setting up a new domain, which is it ?
If you are setting up a new domain, I hope you are not doing this in
production.

If you are setting up a new domain and self-compiling Samba, then you
might as well use the latest version, this should reduce your chances of
getting hit by a bug.

Rowland