[Samba] samba 4.3 on jessie (deb) experimental.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:07:43 UTC 2015

On 28/09/15 16:53, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai,
>

> If anyone is interested, i have a 4.3.0 samba from debian experimental rebuilded to debian Jessie.
>

> I scripted it, so if you want, get the script here.
>

> https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/
>

> get this file :
>
> setup-samba430-jessie.sh
>

> what i does, it adds the experimental deb-src to jessie to get the source.
>
> Installs the needed packages to build.
>
> Get the patched files make the compile work.
>
> Patched the needed files.
>
> Build samba 4.3.0
>
> Move the deb to a “deb location”
>
> Add this location to your apt.
>

> And now you have a apt ready samba 4.3.0 debs.
>

> If you have multiple servers, you can setup a webserver to serve the debs.
>

> Read the code, its pretty simple.
>

> Please to test this first before using it in production!!
>
> Its a works fine for me !
>

> Theoratical, since im using the debian source packages, when 4.3. is in Jessie backports,
>
> You can install that one, this is a fully on debian based package, nothing changed besides some package version numbers.
>

> Example filenames like :
>
> samba_4.3.0+CommunitySamba430-1_amd64.deb
>

> Example policy
>
> apt-cache policy samba
>
> samba:
>
>    Installed: 2:4.3.0+CommunitySamba430-1
>
>    Candidate: 2:4.3.0+CommunitySamba430-1
>
>    Version table:
>
>   *** 2:4.3.0+CommunitySamba430-1 0
>
>          500 file:/home/debs/ ./ Packages
>
>          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
>       2:4.1.17+dfsg-2 0
>
>          500 http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
>

> Greetz,
>

> Louis

Hi Louis, I have had a look at your script and the patch files and I am
a bit confused ( yes, I know that is my usual state :-)     ) the
patches seem to want to work in the reverse direction i.e. control.patch

-               libldb-dev (>= 1:1.1.17~),
+               libldb-dev (>= 1:1.1.21~),

Jessie comes with the first one and yet your patch seems to want to
change it to use the later.

Yours confused

Rowland