[Samba] Replication Failing - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:08:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

Are you using --domain-critical-only switch when joining your new DC? This
switch force Samba to copy only critical stuff when joining the new DC then
this new DC will get all others objects using standard replication process.
This switch helps a lot when Samba database starts to grow a bit. Without
that switch the database is fully replicated during the join command in
some process which looks like a big DB transaction (eating lot of memory,
lot of time, adding possible issues)

Hoping this solves your issue, kindly regards,

mathias