[Samba] Sernet 4.3.X package is no longer free :/

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Mon Sep 28 07:32:11 UTC 2015

Hi Birgit,

Most (i guess all) of the things you're asking about will work fine,
with 4.1.17 and more recent as well.

One thing will NOT work fine, as we are currently experiencing ourselves:

> * some basic monitoring for samba, e.g. failed AD logins attempts

The only monitoring that currently seems to be possible (someone PLEASE
correct us if we're wrong) is a log line like this:

>  auth_check_password_recv: sam_ignoredomain authentication for user [DOMAIN\username] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD

No context, nothing else... so NO ip address what machine the attempt
came from, no info about used ports, nothing else. I would REALLY like
to see SOME more info than just the above.

MJ