[Samba] Win10 client can not restore connections in AD environment

David Whitney soonerdew at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:46:17 UTC 2015

This doesn't *exactly* fit your problem scenario, but I do know that
Windows 10 machines exhibiting a "cannot find a domain controller" error
are possibly trying to negotiate SMB 3_11 with a pre Samba 4.3 DC, which
will fail, as pre-4.3 releases did not support that iteration of SMB. The
initial logon works because the machines are authenticating with cached
credentials, but the actual reconnect to network resources fails because of
the failed protocol negotiation.

If you disable SMB2/3 on those Windows 10 clients, it might solve your
problem. This is, obviously, not an ideal or recommended scenario, but it
might serve as a stop-gap until you can contemplate migrating your Samba
version to 4.3.x.

Directions for disabling SMB2/3 are here: