[Samba] [MASSMAIL]Re: Failed to create user record

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:17:29 UTC 2015

On 22/09/15 18:01, Karel González Herrera wrote:
> this is may smb.conf
>
> [global]
>     workgroup = dtnorte
>     realm = DTNORTE.ETECSA.CU
>     netbios name = nbn-2
>     server string = Zentyal Server
>     server role = dc
>     server role check:inhibit = yes
>     server services = -dns
>     server signing = auto
>     dsdb:schema update allowed = yes
>     drs:max object sync = 1200
>
>     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
>     interfaces = lo,eth0,eth30,eth50,eth60
>     bind interfaces only = yes
>
>     log level = 3
>     log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
>     max log size = 100000
>

>     include = /etc/samba/shares.conf
>

> [netlogon]
>     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/dtnorte.etecsa.cu/scripts
>     browseable = no
>     read only = yes
>
> [sysvol]
>     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
>     read only = no

Have you altered this smb.conf in any way ?

I ask because this line : 'server role = dc' is normally 'server role =
active directory domain controller'
Are you using Bind9 for your DNS server ?

To create a user in Samba 4 you need to use samba-tool not smbpasswd
i.e. samba-tool user create <username> <userpassword>

Rowland