[Samba] Sernet 4.3.X package is no longer free :/

MORILLO Jordi J.Morillo at educationetformation.fr
Sun Sep 20 17:24:29 UTC 2015

Hi Everybody,

I was expecting samba 4.3 .deb package from Sernet but surprise, branch 4.3 and futur will not be free.

Starting with Samba 4.3 SerNet made some changes to its popular packages, formerly known as EnterpriseSAMBA. They are now published as SAMBA+ for Samba 4.3 and all later versions and are available at our SAMBA+ shop<https://shop.samba.plus/> at https://shop.samba.plus<https://shop.samba.plus/> as software subscription per server and per year.

345.10€ for 1 server / 1 year

We are a small charity association with lots of small sites, so lots of samba server...
I don't think that we can pay Sernet. Time to compile i think :-)

What do you think about Sernet prices ?