[Samba] Obtaining password hash from kerberos ?

Guy-Laurent Subri guy-laurent at subri.ch
Thu Sep 17 11:56:00 UTC 2015

Hello list,
I'm trying to merge the LDAP tree of two servers together so that I can
perform authentication from a web service on the third server to this
tree. The problem I have is that the passwords (or, more precisely, the
passwords hash) is not stored in LDAP but rather via kerberos.

Is it possible to get a copy of the passwords hash to do the
authentication on the web service myself ?

I'm not sure this post belongs on samba's list, but since everything is
a little 'obscured' by samba, I thought that I could get help here.

Thank you!

Guy-Laurent Subri