[Samba] How do I list computers in the domain

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Sep 17 17:28:19 UTC 2015

On 09/17/2015 04:07 AM, mathias dufresne wrote:
> You can use ADUC tool which is part of RSAT.

Don't have RSAT on a computer yet, and anyway I want to do this on the
server, not a client.

> You can also use ldbsearch:
> ldbsearch -H $sam '(objectclass=computer)' dn

Had to install ldb-tools on the ClearOS system and got:

# returned 0 records
# 0 entries
# 0 referrals

Yet I know there are two computers joined to this PDC.

Same return on the new AD, but that is not supprising, given the source
of the problem for the migration of the users.

> More info on ldbsearch and ldb tools there:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LDB

More reading to do!  :)