[Samba] unixHomeDirectory, loginShell, etc. on Samba4 AD DC

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:50:23 UTC 2015

I don't want to be accused of posting FUD but if Winbind as client could be
configurable at least regarding what attributes are used to forge users
info that would be great.

Winbind works well. It seems to work as expected: devs seem happy, some
users (here users are sysadmins) work with and are happy.

But in certain cases we can't rely on idmap (which seems to generate
sometimes incoherencies in users UID/GID, but I can be wrong here) or we
can have a network where must arrive in /home/$username rather than
/home/SAMBADOM/$username.

Anyway there are others products which configurable to retrieve users from
AD and Samba4's AD, so I understand adding these options is not on top of
the list of things to do, lot of others things have greater priority
(AD2012, trust relationship, performances perhaps, and so much things I did
not see/understand).