[Samba] unixHomeDirectory, loginShell, etc. on Samba4 AD DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 16 08:16:12 UTC 2015

On this subject..
I asked Jim directly for some extra info, since im lots in the thread.

As i understand he needs a "local" and Ad users.

Maybe this is usefull

libpam-mklocaluser

When the user log in for the first time, a local user is created in /etc/passwd and primary group created in /etc/group, and a local home directory is created in /home. This is useful on roaming computers when the password is set up to be cached by for example libpam-ccreds or sssd to allow login without network connectivity using the password provided by a network authentication service like Kerberos or LDAP.

And some extra info on this
http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Caching_password__user_and_group_on_a_roaming_Debian_laptop.html

Greetz,

Louis